Lead Exposure and Toxicity in Shooting Ranges
I’ll start posting some items about lead exposure, poisoning and possible removal out of the body the coming time. It’s an often ignored subject, but especially for indoor shooting ranges, combined with frequent/avid shooters or employees at the range, this can start becoming an issue.
The sneaky part in this is as soon as the symptoms of high lead values in the body start acting up, it will take some time until most people realise it is lead related. But at that point, there is no quick fix to reduce lead in the body. It’s a long and tedious process, that often means spending less time shooting to reduce exposure. And who the hell wants that?
So let’s try and get together information to cope with the possible problem in advance, before it shows it’s ugly head.
This is the second video that might be interesting to shooters.
Additionally, searching for the subject, I came across many sources of information but this one might be interesting to share. A quote of the most interesting bit:
Once lead toxicity has been confirmed, there are various things you can do to detoxify it from your system. Here are five recommendations:
1. Increase your dietary calcium intake. Calcium and lead compete for absorption in the intestine. Therefore, if the diet contains adequate calcium, ingested lead will pass through the gastro-intestinal tract and be excreted from the body.
2. Invest in a Vitamin C with bioflavonoids supplement. This helps to neutralize the effects of lead in the body.
3. Infrared sauna therapy has a deeply detoxifying effect on the body. Infrared saunas are becoming widely recognized for their detoxification benefits. They can be found in healing centers, spas, fitness centres, etc.
4. Bentonite Clay is an excellent substance to help pull heavy metals out of your body. Once ingested, the clay binds to the positive oriented molecules (in this case the lead) and pulls them out of the body through waste elimination. Since clay is negatively charged, the positively charged molecules are instantly attracted to it. This has proved to be a very effective way to eliminate other waste products from the body. Essentially, Native tribes , and some birds and animals have been ingesting clay for many centuries.
5. Chlorophyll is a great substance to help chelate heavy metals out of your body. Foods like cilantro, chlorella, spirulina, and wheat grass are all excellent food to help boost the nutrient content in the blood in an effort to provide the body with the appropriate tools to flush harmful substances out.